Wednesday, May 8, 2013

My Best Friend is throwing me a "Baby Sprinkle"

So even though I am going to be a second time mom very soon to another handsome little boy, my best friend has expressed that every baby deserves to be celebrated and she wanted to throw me some kind of shower.   I had read all of the proper etiquette about second showers and how they are seen in some people's eyes as "tacky" or "gift grabby."  So I told my bestie that I wasn't sure about doing something this time around especially with a second boy on the way.   What we did come across is the  idea of second time parents host offering to throw a baby "sprinkle"  A celebration on a smaller scale to celebrate the baby and not to shower the new parents to be with large items (stroller, crib, swing etc..) but to sprinkle with small necessities that they wouldn't be able to reuse such as diapers and so the idea came about and I appreciatively agreed with my bestie for her to throw us a baby sprinkle.  So we have a great idea of what we are doing...here is a sneak peek at our rough draft design board.

Hot air balloons we felt like were a great summer theme having the party in June for a July baby. Now lets see how this all comes together! Super excited! I love my best friend for pushing us to do this <3

Inspiration from
Invite: Etsy 
Hot air balloons: Craftgawker
Popcorn favors: J at your service
Cake: Spaceships and Laserbeams
Tissue paper chandeliers: Style me pretty
Finger food platters: Mind of Meesh
Marshmallow Pops: Catch my party




No comments:

Post a Comment